"Individual Benjamin" quotes

(1980)

Movie Private Benjamin

Title Individual Benjamin
Year 1980
Manager Howard Zieff
Genre Comedy, State of war

Plot – Rich and rather ditzy Julia Benjamin is already divorced and becomes a widow presently after her second wedlock. Prostrate, she decides she is done with dearest and decides to enlist. All sort of troubles happen to her in the ground forces, only the existent test comes when Julia meets Henri, a charming French md who she falls in beloved with. A third marriage is looming, but on their wedding day some foreign behaviour of the husband-to-be leads Julia to surrender the wedding and return to the army.

All actors – Goldie Hawn, Eileen Brennan, Armand Assante, Robert Webber, Sam Wanamaker, Barbara Barrie, Mary Kay Place, Harry Dean Stanton, Albert Brooks, Alan Oppenheimer, Estelle Marlov, Everett Covin

show all

  • "- Judy Benjamin: What do you want from me? I didn't ask her to punish everybody! Do you retrieve I like schlepping in the rain all day and all night?
    - Pvt. Wanda Wintertime: Just keep marching, Benjamin.
    - Judy Benjamin: My name is Judy! J-U-D-Y! Judy! And I'd like somebody to telephone call me by my proper name! Oh, okay I took my life in my own hands, I made a..." (continue)
    (continue reading) Goldie Hawn - Judy Benjamin
    - Pvt. Wanda Winter
  • "- Judy Benjamin: My husband had a center assault and died on our wedding night, while we were making love.
    - Pvt. Mary Lou Glass: Jesus! Benjamin! I don't become it, what do you do later on a thing similar that?
    - Judy Benjamin: Join the Army!"

    Goldie Hawn - Judy Benjamin
    Mary Kay Identify - Pvt. Mary Lou Drinking glass
  • "Henri, I know this is a really awkward time to do this, just I wanna break upwards." Goldie Hawn - Judy Benjamin
  • "- Judy Benjamin: At present I know what I've been faking all these years.
    - Henri Tremont: That was your offset?
    - Judy Benjamin: And 2d."
    Goldie Hawn - Judy Benjamin
    Armand Assante - Henrí Trémont
  • "- Judy Benjamin: To be truthful with you, I tin't sleep in a room with xx strangers.
    - Capt. Doreen Lewis: Oh dear.
    - Judy Benjamin: And I hateful, wait at this place. The army couldn't afford drapes? I'll exist upwards at the crack of dawnhere!"

    Goldie Hawn - Judy Benjamin
    Eileen Brennan - Capt. Doreen Lewis
  • "Has everyone ever died from basic?"
    Goldie Hawn - Judy Benjamin
  • "- Aunt Kissy: I hope my coat's gonna be skillful enough. I had no idea information technology was gonna exist then chilly.
    - Harriet Benjamin: It's Nov hither, Kissy.
    - Teddy Benjamin: It'south November everywhere, genius."

    Gretchen Wyler - Aunt Kissy
    Barbara Barrie - Harriet Benjamin
    Sam Wanamaker - Teddy Benjamin
  • "Beware, in that location are mine fields out there. Nigh of them are inert. However, some are ert."
    Hal Williams - Sgt. L.C. Ross
  • "- Mrs. Goodman: Judith. Just ane affair. If you can call up. What were Yale'due south last words?
    - Judy Benjamin: I'm coming."
    Lillian Adams - Mrs. Goodman
    Goldie Hawn - Judy Benjamin
  • "- Judy Benjamin: I think they sent me to the incorrect place.
    - Capt. Doreen Lewis: Uh-huh.
    - Judy Benjamin: See, I did join the army, merely I joined a different ground forces. I joined the one with the condos and the individual rooms."

    Goldie Hawn - Judy Benjamin
    Eileen Brennan - Capt. Doreen Lewis
  • "- Judy Benjamin: Take y'all seen the bathroom?
    - Capt. Doreen Lewis: Do you think that the latrine... do yous retrieve that information technology's unsanitary?
    - Judy Benjamin: Information technology's disgusting! There are urinals in at that place!"

    Goldie Hawn - Judy Benjamin
    Eileen Brennan - Capt. Doreen Lewis
  • "- Sgt. L.C. Ross: Everybody up! Everybody, Benjamin!
    - Judy Benjamin: Oh God, you lot can't mean me. I worked the night shift! Go check out the bathroom, it's fabulous."

    Hal Williams - Sgt. Fifty.C. Ross
    Goldie Hawn - Judy Benjamin